Make sure to check back regularly to see added policies.
Students may be dropped off at 8:30 if they are having breakfast. Adult supervision begins at 8:35 so no students shoule be on the school grounds until that time. The first bell rings at 8:45 and students may enter the building at that time.
All doors to Lake Hood will be locked except for during high traffic times. People need to push buzzer on the wall to the right of the doors to get into the school. All visitors must still sign in at the office.
Ice Rink Policy
Students are invited to bring their own skates and use the ice rink everyday at recess. Staff will monitor for safety but parent volunteers are encouraged during our recess hours, 11:00AM-1:30PM.
There are a few important rules to follow if you bring your own skates. Please take a moment to read these rules with your student.
- All skates MUST have skate guards for security purposes. Skates without guards will be confiscated. Guards must be non–marking, as students will be walking in the hall. No black guards. Test your guards at home by scraping them on your floor. If they leave a mark please do not send them to school.
- All skates must be marked with your student’s name. We cannot be responsible for lost or misplaced skates.
- Skates are required for students to be on the ice and students must be able to put on their own skates.
- Helmets encouraged (bike helmets are fine).
- Hockey sticks or pucks are not allowed.
- There may be varying ability levels of skaters using the rink at a time. Inappropriate fast skating or rough play will not be tolerated and will result in a loose of skating privileges.
- Rink use is under the discretion of the principal and is subject to closure at any time.
- Skating after school hours is welcomed but supervision is the responsibility of parents.
Thank you for helping make our skating season fun and safe for all! See you on the Rink!
Sledding Hill Policy
Lake Hood Sledding Hill IS OPEN!!
Our school has several sleds and the PTA has purchased a new sled for every classroom so students do not need to bring sleds to school. Staff will monitor for safety but parent volunteers are encouraged during our recess hours, 11:00AM-1:30PM.
There are a few important rules to follow when sledding. Please take a moment to read these rules with your student.
- Hats, gloves, boots, and snow pants are required for sledding
- Only single riders, forward facing position only and No jumps
- Wait your turn and for the run to clear before sliding down
- Always keep eyes up hill to see sleds coming down and move quickly to walk up lanes
- Unsafe behavior will not be tolerated and will result in loose of sledding privileges
- Hill use is under the discretion of the principal and is subject to closure at any time
- Sledding after school hours is welcomed but supervision is the responsibility of parents
Thank you for helping make our sledding season fun and safe for all! See you on the Hill!